Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ya give me fever.

I was bobbing up and down in the bathtub for the 20th time today, trying to make myself feel as weightless as possible, and thus try not to feel any of my sick achy body parts, when I began experiencing feverish repetitive concerns about why water feels hotter (and colder) when it is moving. The thought revisited me for each subsequent desperate visit to the bathtub and I got to thinking that this would've been a wonderful 5th grade science fair question. Hell it's a good question now- one I should know the answer to at this point in my life. Oh fevers.

Last night I had a fever dream about seating people at Champps. Over and over and over for hours and hours and hours my brain replayed seating people, and seating people, and table number this, and table number that. Finally my fever dream subsided into a relatively normal (for me) dream about my parents and I flying to california, which from the airplane, was so beautiful and exciting. Anyway, we got there, and my folks quickly abandoned me in my hotel room. I was discovered on the toilet by the next occupant of our no longer paid for hotel room. She helped me pack my parents belongings (ski equipment and a panda bear from a fair) in 3 suitcases. I got to the airport feeling anxious and overwhelmed. I asked the airline checkin if i could leave the bear with them but they took this meaningless abandonment to be a terrorist threat.

I'm happy to be sick today- not happy that I am sick, but happy with my body's timing. I'm not missing anything thanks to the completely debilitating snow storm that is befalling half of the nation. I needed the break anyway. As it turns out spending time at home and signing up for 20 hour work weeks and 6 different classes, is actually kind of difficult. I forgot how difficult it was to manage school work.

Tomorrow will involve a lot of math problems, quality time with a poodle, and lots of poweraid consumption. That's all. And that's wonderful.

No comments: