Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lansing Community College

Now that I have nightly skype dates with Jack, I think of my days as lists of things I'm bursting to tell him about. It is not like everyday is exciting, but I always look forward to telling him about it. Which I think says a lot about how much I love talking with him (he's a good listener), and probably also says a lot about what a turdball I am for thinking that the minutiae of my daily routine might be of value to someone else.

So I'm trying to cultivate a more...concise and entertaining approach. Not necessarily for him but for everyone's sanity. Jack seems to have that talent on lock down. He isn't really an attention seeker, and only tells stories worth telling, which is probably why he is (in my humble opinion), hilarious. I, on the other hand, shamelessly (or worse, shamefully but helplessly) love attention, and sink to great lows to get it sometimes, be it by updating facebook 20 times a day, or taking myself too seriously in most situations.

I'm so meta with this journal. It's like I think about what I think about writing in here. One day I might actually write.

Meanwhile, enjoy my titles, which often represent what the entry was supposed to be about.





1 comment:

J.R.H. said...

Please don't ever spare me the minutiae of your day.