It has been so long since I have updated this blog, that I totally forgot where in the world wide web to even begin to look for it. Up until now I always assumed that Blogger was a function of google, but now I"m not so sure. Anyway...
I have a newfound appreciation for my grandpa's ability to stay up with technology. It was a pain to explain it to him, but I imagine that you can really start to measure your age by how ridiculous it is to try and keep up with technology. How frightening it would've been to grow up throughout the technological boom of the 20th century. I wonder if people of his generation just took to assuming that great changes in technology were an inevitability and accepted it in stride, or if it was frustrating....
Probably frustrating.
Technology is difficult. It seems to be "enhanced" even when there is no need (like the recent changes to facebook which did not enhance really any feature, but just shuffled them around). I think that the older I get the less interested I am in learning something new. It's not to say that I can't it's just to say that I feel there is less and less a point. But alas, you have to stay engaged.
(the rambles continue)
Sometimes I worry that facebook is sort of aiding and abetting in the quality of my relationships with people that I really love. I feel that I have done my part of I send them a message via such a shallow medium.... So I have decided to return to this blog where I can hopefully share some meaningful thoughts and also develop some. Writing is the best way for me to cultivate my lens of the world. It is how I become thoughtful. It makes me patient. Otherwise I tend to blow by the details thinking about what to do next.
Here I am.
So here's an update on what I'm doing!! For the past year I worked at the Montana Justice Foundation. That is over and done. Now it is back into the conservation corps as a crew leader. I'm less shocked by montana's beauty now. The novelty of course has long worn out. But I still enjoy trying to find my "place" in the world and so far this is a good one. When I became a corps member I thought that I must be crazy. Now I feel secure about my decision. I believe that I can do it. And I can't believe it took me this long to go back to something that I loved so much. You live and you learn.
I'll give you more details later but this is a good start for now :)
Love,
Zoe
No comments:
Post a Comment