Thursday, March 22, 2012

follow up

So...I was thinking about my previous post (which was, woefully enough, shared on facebook). I don't regret the post, but I hope that it does reflect the place that I feel like I am in in my life....

Not that I'm feeling hopeless as much as I am practical. I think that practical is my way of fighting back at life. Moving forward. Setting goals in an almost mind-numbing way. Cleaning, tidying, putting in order. Practical. Unfortunately, being practical doesn't leave a lot of space for belief in omnipotent beings.

So- anyway, the previous post should probably have thwarted further attempts to venture into religious beliefs (not that they can really be characterized as such). But alas...here I go again (insert foot in mouth here....)

There are many dangerous things about religion (Rick Santorum might be an example ripe for the picking...), but sometimes I envy the thoughtfulness (and resignation) that a religious person has. I wonder if ultimately believing in something reflects a good and life changing attitude. Believing in miracles. Believing that there are no coincidences. Believing that good will eventually prevail. I feel like people that believe in these things, if nothing else, gain the benefits of a good attitude. Of peace of mind.

I want peace of mind in this life.

So maybe not so much with the idea of religion in mind, but at least with that of good attitude, I leave you with the beautiful lullaby of the secret sisters:


But I feel warmth on my skin

The stars have all aligned

The wind has blown

But now I know


That tomorrow will be kinder


No comments: