Whelp, I did it.
I entered my office lottery pool. I was giddy as I dropped my crispy $5 bill into the great vortex of human psychology that we call greed.
The odds are 1 in 175 million. But the magic of turning $5 into $500,000,000...makes all that noise about odds become mute to the growing clamor of my mind making financial decisions. LARGE ones. Like, primarily about houses on bodies of water and trips around the universe.
Ah greed. Ah money.
Somehow, in all of this tenting of fingers, some little remaining bubble of my liberal heart did manage to float its way to the surface. Isn't it so bizarre...that we are willing to stake cash-money on a sure loss...and yet, we are compelled to scream at the idea of taxes, an investment of our money that we are guaranteed to benefit from?
Strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment