I feel proud of my choice. It came with considerable research and thoughtfulness. I really wanted and dreamed of a subaru, and visited the dealership twice for financing and test driving. But it was out of my league from the start and I knew it. And it wasn't realistic. The cars that were available are the type of cars that people buy when they have grown up jobs, and I'm not secure enough in my life to deserve something so luxurious. I think that when the time is right, I can make such a purchase and I will feel proud of that choice, too. What I am most glad about is realizing the virtue of patience and understanding that while I can do and be a lot in my young life, that I can also afford to wait and be grateful for what I have and understanding of what I cannot.
I'm excited for my new wheels. Tuesday night I bring them home!
No comments:
Post a Comment