Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My Fit :)


I brought home my cute and spunky little red hatchback today! What an exciting day :-D

I was surprised at how sad I was to part with my grandpa's van. It had its own personality, and it had all of the memories of cross country voyages with my new boyfriend, and a new life in a new place, and then more distant memories of my grandparents. The van still smells like my grandparents old moldy garage on Baystreet. Seeing the van for the last time really struck me because up until the moment I was driving away in the fit, I looked forward to parting ways with it. It is always the last glance that gets me.

Anyway, memories don't live in things, they live in me. And the fit will usher in a new era of good memories.

The wheels on the fit are comically small. I feel like I'm an elephant on a unicycle. But it's fun and drives well. It's 4 cylinder but feels like a powerful engine- probably because the car is light. It has paddle shifters just in case I'm feeling sporty- as well as a doofy spoiler (lol) and alloy wheels instead of hubcaps. I feel cool in it. The only downside really in my mind is that the storage compartments are kind of awkward and not spacious enough for the things that I would like to store. But I'll work around that. All and all I'm so happy and grateful for a new beautiful car!

Love,
Zoe




No comments: