Saturday, October 13, 2012

I love....

Rediscovery.  For example, that old pin.  Its edges molded into the form of a butterfly, filled with honey colored resin.  How many years did it sit in my jewelry box before I saw it?  Before I knew that it was beautiful?  How many years did it go unnoticed?

Mimicry.  I love that when I go to scratch my elbow, and we're having a really good talk, you'll somehow, as if by magic, reach to scratch yours, too.  That we want so badly to let the other know that our experience is shared, that the nuances of movement are one and the same.

Sitting on countertops.  It is this completely innocuous thing but still holds just the right quantum of rebellion to make it feel exciting.

Putting on an outfit.  Having a game face, for me, means looking sharp and gets my day on the right path.

Writing on the inside cover of an old book. Whose hand wrote it, what was their day like, what was their life like, what was their world like?  The seemingly meaningless artifacts of yesterday which make them somewhat humble, somewhat touching....












No comments: