And they said...
Sarah Elizabeth Dean was born in Gunnison Colorado on July 20th, 1982
She was glowing
She loved gardening and cooking, putting love and light into everything she did.
I see with so much clarity that the sharp edges of loss can sometimes be the memories that you didn't have. And the pain of trying to examine the last time. And living in terror of last times. That after each loss, the striking reality that the world is frighteningly raw. And life so tenuous.
They say that she is survived by a world that loved her.
I say that real courage is waking up tomorrow and believing in a world where loving people is ok, even if life is
so fragile.
Even if loving people will break you. Over. And over. And over.
There will be an empty place in the hearts of all who knew Sarah, but rest assured she will look over all she loved and shine down from the heavens until we meet her on the other side.
I'm so sorry Sarah. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I will wake up tomorrow, and I'll love the world like you did. And it's the very best I can do for all of the lives that didn't get to be lived.
It's the best that I can do for you.
Sarah Elizabeth Dean died in Gunnison Colorado on August 11th, 2012. She was 30 years old. She was beautiful. She was good. She climbed mountains. She was capable of love. And she is gone.
Too soon.
May she rest in peace.
Love,
Zoe
No comments:
Post a Comment