Saturday, May 14, 2011

Always Far Away

My idea of being perfect would be to point to a place on the map and have everyone that I love in that very spot, living their life's dream. The transience of my early 20s has brought me a lot of joys- the thrill of new people changing the shape of my life- making it richer and more fulfilling. I enjoy the nuances of good people from different places in different places.

But that tendency to move year after year is also vexing. I'm always sad to leave. Which prompts me to say, if I don't say it enough: thank you to my family and my friends. I hope you know that when I wander into the forests and climb my way up the mountaintops, that I still think about you and miss you. I always wish that you were there. I hope that you know most of all that you are as special to me there as anywhere. And of course, that I love you.

Love,
Zoe

No comments: