Friday, December 31, 2010

Books are wonderful

What I'm grateful for today:

I love love LOVE without any other expression to describe it, books.

So I have been really taken with my funemployment. It has been a pleasurable time snuggling with my poodle on the couch with some tea and taking in the lives and times of other people and places, real and imagined. I like both worlds equally.

I think that we all do. The dour facts of reality can also bring many blessings and a lot of richness that we can be grateful for, and the whimsy and spirit of fantasies are exciting, too, and a good outlet for the places that we wished existed as we stare at the ceiling into the wee hours of the darkness.

I'll be sad for this time to be over, because I've enjoyed it. But I'm happy to soon be moving on. And I'm grateful to have things to move on to.

News On the Homefront:

Michael and Yiayia are visiting, making for a full house. I'm not used to all of the commotion but I'm enjoying it. Last night we played Settlers of Catan during which time my mom imperceptibly and quite miraculously cooked a feast (turkey and all fixings). She also put on an innocent game face (punctuated by her insistence that she does not understand how to play), and proceeded to lay the smack down. She took home the points, leaving the rest of us well behind (including me, the veteran player).

News on the Skypefront:

The new joy of my long distance relationship is that I actually have reason to read Jack's facebook updates now, and they are hilarious. Earlier this week he'd posted an image of his ravaged arm (from a fall at the ski resort he works at) and jokingly titled it"snake bite." After much obvious concern was expressed, he clarified the details of his injury for everyone:




All of this is to say that I miss him but am appreciating his humor from afar.









1 comment:

jessica said...

i heart you. your posts crack me up. keep writing :)