Although I am only at my quarterlife (that is if I'm lucky enough to live to 100!!!!), I keep having this nagging feeling that I'm approaching the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" part of life!! Omg barf!! So I must wage a battle against such self-conscious rational.....
There is being comfortable in your ways and then there is just being scared to try something new! That being said, I decided, on the very LAST day of ski season (easter!), to go snowboarding! My co-worker, Mandy and I hit the HALF PIPES (no not really...try bunny hills). Mandy, super conveniently, is a Phys-Ed teacher, and was really great at explaining the technique. By the end of the first hour, we were hitting the Green Circles and I was already giving that carrot top, Sean White, a run for his money! You can do a triple axle 360 twist thing? Oh yea? Well I can go down a hill, Sean! Without falling!!!!!! I made it down a total of 3 times in a row without falling (except the time that I tried to catch Mandy when she was sliding backwards by the lift, and then she really just ended up sitting on me laughing!). So we decided to progress to the blue square. A lot of falling ensued. I forgot how frighteningly fast it is to go down hills on waxed boards. Yikes. I actually felt my pixie cut blowing in the wind which is a pretty rare sensation.
It really was the best experience of my weekend. It felt good to set that goal for myself and to be able to snowboard (somewhat haphazardly) down the hills. And more importantly, it was fun. I feel very wholesome sitting at home drinking tea and reading on weekends. It soothes me. But sometimes I forget to take care of the adventurous part of me, and I need to remember to nurture it. To not be afraid of new and great things! This world is far too large to be limited.
Love,
Zoe
No comments:
Post a Comment