Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pleased


I had homework this weekend for a workshop I'm attending in Helena next week. I didn't do it. Bah humbug I say. I'll do it monday.

I am growing more fond of my work. My boss is awesome and so is Kathy (as I mentioned). I began writing a journal for an internship I haven't decided I'm actually doing yet, so I'm just writing the journal while I deliberate about spending $800 for some credit I might not ever need in my life. We'll see. The journal is very helpful though. I can organize my thoughts and really write a comprehensive reflection of my job, which I'm growing increasingly fond of. Jordan was right, I'll really be okay.

I just need to work hard (on the weekdays lol). I don't believe in working until the death. It isn't laziness it is just a realistic understanding of personal happiness. I will not be happy pouring over my job during my off hours. And I will be perfectly happy to while I'm working.

Amy let me go at 3:30 which was an exciting Friday treat. I walked by "Miss Zula's" a store in our office building, and decided to check out their 50% off sale on these beatiful vintage heals I have been coveting for awhile. No sooner did I do so than I found myself clearning out their sale rack, hauling it almost in its entirity into the dressing room. I played dress up for about 20 minutes before deciding on a pink Betsey Johnson vintage empire baby dress with stain ribbon and eyelet patterns. It was originally marked $333.00 (I would argue that it's not quite THAT nice) but I got it for 60 BUCKS 6.0. Even as a VISTA I refuse to ignore that deal. So I bought it. I haven't bought myself anything quite so beautiful ...ever...I think.

I decided to wear it to the Missoula Symphony friday night, where I ushered and took tickets. What an event! It was geared toward attracting children in the community to their school music programs. It was really incredible. The pieces were extraordinarily popular (william tell, for example), extraordinarily short, and really well done, I thought, for a fairly small town orchestra. The kids were on the edges of their seats and ate every bit of it up. It was great.

Jack and I had a nice weekend together. Most of saturday he had to work, but we sat and read together for hours, had tea and coffee. Today we hiked up to the "M" on mt. Sentinel and went to Bernice's bakery afterward for pasteries (I had a sandwich mmmm). I made some chili yesterday that turned out (by accident on account of having all of the wrong ingredients) to be delicious. Instead of canned crushed tomatoes I used a can of sauce and a can of paste, instead of cumin I used cayanne, instead of cinnamon I used cinnamon sugar, etc. I threw in everything but the kitchen sink (onion, garlic, assorted peppers, beef, parsley, kidney beans), annnd to top it off cooking chocolate (mmm). My accident chili was great!

So we enjoyed good food good company and good quiet time.

No comments: