I got into Whitefish at 11:30
I got dropped off at the Econo Lodge and suddenly I was alone in Kalispell
I got into town on the evening of the 26th and we had our first day hike yesterday!!!! I met my crew: Brett (who’s from
We parked our rig at a roadside park about 100 feet up from the lake, made a circle around a topographical map and were asked to analyze whether or not we felt that the map was sufficient to which I replied “errr….” (and the last map reading lesson I took was when?!) So. Lesson number one: Learn how to decipher and critique maps. I offered the suggestion that it was not great and was not horrible in a feeble attempt to keep my ignorance at bay. Jack said that the map was essentially rubbish.
Well let me tell you what the map got right! The topography!!!!! Just as the map suggested, the topography involved a lot of up. Up Up Up. I found my body nearly parallel to the very path that I was climbing at times. I managed to develop a blister instantaneously but still managed to keep up with Jack and kept a pace well in front of everyone else. They are all more experienced than me but I think that when it comes down to it that I have less weight to carry up and down a hillside. It was really my only explanation. I’m sure as soon as I have a backpack on they will have to drag me.
So far so good!Love,
Zoe
No comments:
Post a Comment