Monday, August 1, 2011

As usual grief sneaks up on you in unusual places. It is 1200am. August 1st. My birthday. Kim always used to call now so that she could be the first to wish me happy birthday. I can't get this out of my head. The seeming emptiness of my cell phone. A faraway person who can't be found on the other end.

Life is a funny thing.

It seems weird to quote harry potter AGAIN. But dumbledore says in the last book "don't pity the dead, harry, pity the living." I don't want to pity myself, but I try not to pity those that are gone either. I just hope, in the most secular and perhaps juvenile way possible, that they are in another life that is happy and beautiful.

But tonight I just want to hear my friend's voice, in THIS life, giggling at yet again being the first to succeed in wishing me well on another year. I miss you Kim. I love you.

Goodnight.

No comments: