I have not consumed Mountain Dew since the age of probably 12 or 13. But I conceded to "throwback. Thismakes me nostalgic for a memory that I do not have (that is of a time when soda was made with sugar rather than corn syrup). This being my excuse to crack open a can, I dove in. Well, word to the wise, "throwback" dew leaves an odd aftertaste that tastes a little bit like throw up.Overall I have to say that the throwback movement makes me suspicious. For a limited time, we can celebrate cane sugar sodas that at the dawn of their existance, probably never had real sugar in them in the first place (certainly not mountain dew, I can assure you). They are a marketing ploy being paraded as a tip of the hat to a health movement that scorns cornsyrup. But throwback is a specialty drink that will be gone as quickly as it was here. Among the ranks of Crystal Pepsi and Green Tea Coca-Cola, sugar soda will again become merely a memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment