Sunday, March 1, 2009

holes.

I have a hole in the bottom of my slipper, I have a hole in the crotch of my jeans, I have a hole in the both heals of my running shoes, and I have an ever growing hole developing in the corner of my sheets, I have holes in almost all of my PJ pants (except the new pair jack got me!). Soooo basically I don't know what to replace first.

I think the jeans, but those will be the most expensive and most difficult to find :-P (especially in montana....). I have 2 pairs of jeans though so I can just stick to the pair w/ out the hole for the time being. (I am forever and always wearing out my favorite pairs of jeans).

I love running and am now entertaining the idea of training for the Missou half marathon. There's even a group I can sign up to run w/ twice a week that give coaching and nutrition advice, which is pretty neat. The problem, of course, is that my running shoes are TERRIBLE. I've had them for 6 years and they've probably gone many miles. The heals have holes in them and the arch support is so broken down that it doesn't really live up to its purpose. After about 3 miles my pronating flat feet are screaming and my knees are wondering why they're being tugged inward. So shoes are a definite consideration.

Slippers...they're so cute they're little cowboy slippers. The problem is that they were my mom's and are too big for me and b/c I've dragged them around I've worn holes into the bottoms :( buuuut I have socks and can ultimately live w/ out slippers.

and then sheets. They're the only set that I have. The hole is in the corner of the fitted sheet so I imagine I could just find a white fitted sheet and replace that part alone w/ out buying a whole set. I just hate mismatched sets.... booo on them. I think I can go a little while w/ out new sheets although that hole does get larger each time I was them (once a week)....

So....Order of replacement: Shoes, Sheets, Jeans.

2 comments:

emily said...

do you think you could just mend the sheets? is there an actual hole, or just a rip that can be sewn back together? what about looking at goodwill for some sheets? they can surprise you with what they have, and your cute little house seems to allow for eclectic second-hand accoutrement :)

i agree that shoes are numero uno. i think you'll be surprised by how little it takes to stop hurting. i can usually tell when i need new shoes because i can't run more than 3 miles without my knee really hurting. and then as soon as i have new shoes i'm pain-free :) good luck!

finally, for your jeans, you probably just want to do some online shopping, and find a pair you've had that you know fits. it's hard for me to get out to a mall so i've just been ordering jeans from american eagle. it's fun to get packages, too :)

Anonymous said...

FYI, I tried last year to buy just one sheet... impossible! BBB was the only place I could find with a small but cheap set of white sheets. I needed them for my Holey Ghost halloween costume, hehe! Good luck!